Monday 24 January 2011

Film Opening Idea. "The Domino Effect"

I've been thinking more about what my film could be about. I wanted to do a more serious film, as opposed to comic or horror. Possibly something to do with "cons" or perhaps something with a bit of mystery, for older audiences. Not so much a thriller, or a hostage taking, like a lot of the examples I've seen are about.
I came up with the idea of having someone talking (I have written a possible monologue, but am still working on it) but not seeing their entire face, just from a small proportion of the neck, to about half way up the nose. This person would be smoking a cigarette and would be talking about his life which would then lead onto what's changed, but keeping the audience hanging.


I watched "Requiem For A Dream" yesterday and I really liked the effect that they repeatedly used when character/s where taking drugs (RAPID CUTTING). It was a rapid concession of images of what was going on that gave the audience an idea of what the character had just done. 





Requiem For A Dream - Drugs from Jessica Baker on Vimeo.


 I thought I could use this idea, and incorporate it into my film opening.

 

I also came up with the idea that when the character finishes his(?) monologue, they would then flick a domino run which would then run off the table, with a single domino landing face down on the camera, whilst the rest still lay on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment